24 November 2022 | Corina Duma | Hotel Owner
How did your career in hotels begin and what makes you stay in this industry? I, like most people, stumbled into this industry by accident. I started as a porter in South Africa, which was followed by concierge roles doing a lot of special events and special projects, such as million-dollar golf.
Read more of this post ⊳
Vote this post up | Rank:53
Recent posts from Hotel Owner
- Le Manoir appoints new executive chef
Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, a Belmond Hotel in Oxfordshire, has announced the appointment of Luke Selby as its new executive chef effective from 2 January 2023.
- Rail strikes could cost hospitality £1.5bn, says UKH
Recent analysis from UKHospitality has found the sector could lose up to £1.
- Preparing and retaining staff throughout the festive period
It will come as no surprise to hear that the last few months have been disruptive for the hospitality industry.
- What is shaping the future of the hotel business
As I write this article, I’m pretty confident that never before have we seen so many relatively complex issues converging to create the current trading climate for those leading, owning or working in the hotel or hospitality business.
- Daish’s Holidays nearly doubles service team amid spike in demand
Independent family-owned hospitality group, Daish’s Holidays has strengthened the customer service team at its Bournemouth head office with six new recruits, almost doubling the team.
- Blackaddie House Hotel put up for sale
The Blackaddie House Hotel in Sanquhar, Dumfriesshire, has been put up for sale off a guide price of £995,000.
- Bespoke Hotels launches Management Trainee Programme
Bespoke hotels has welcomed the first candidate for its inaugural Management Trainee Programme, a two-year course designed to “maximise the development of future talent”.
- Adamo Property Group acquires the Rivercroft Hotel in Cornwall
The Adamo Property Group has announced its successful purchase of the Rivercroft Hotel in the heart of Looe, Cornwall, for an undisclosed amount.
- The Sustainable Hospitality Alliance partners with UKGBC
The Sustainable Hospitality Alliance (the Alliance), the network for responsible hospitality, and the UK Green Building Council (UKGBC), which aims to “radically improve the sustainability of the built environment”, have announced a co-operation agreement.